- Permanent role at our Geelong Waurn Ponds campus
- Understanding research concepts and attract funds for research
- HEW 9 $114,298 + 17% Superannuation
This role sits within the Deakin Research Innovations division and will be responsible to develop linkages with industry, government and other public and private sector organisations to support research and development at the University. You will assist in developing new strategies and initiatives for growing research, raising research income, and managing commercially focused activities, including negotiating research contracts. This role will have a primary focus on intelligent systems, transport, engineering and automation.
If you have demonstrated experience in developing research initiatives while establishing key internal relationships and also partnering with the external stakeholders in generating sufficient funds for research, then we highly encourage you to apply for this role.
Your key responsibilities will include
- development and implementation of initiatives for growing research in the University
- attracting funds for research, and fostering collaboration with industry and government in the areas of intelligent systems, transport and automation
- work closely with the University's institutes, labs, strategic research centres and faculties to develop research opportunities
- coordination of externally funded projects involving multi-disciplinary teams
- discover new intellectual property and devise commercialisation and intellectual property protection strategies
- meet annual financial and non-financial targets
To be successful, you'll have
- a relevant degree from a recognised tertiary institution
- relevant experience working in a government, industry, or a research environment in the field of intelligent systems, transport, engineering or automation
- experience in innovation, technology or research & development
- ability to develop collaborative research teams
- strong understanding of business processes including but not limited to planning, intellectual property management and budget processes
- ability to establish strong working relationships and maintain effective networks
- well-developed strategic planning, analytical and negotiation skills
- demonstrated ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Applications for this position close on 8th August 2019.
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities - agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people's lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let's see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.