- Exciting Newly Created Role
- Be part of our unprecedented growth agenda
- Your Chance to Build Tomorrow
About University of Melbourne The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive and committed to responding to the major challenges of our time.
About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE)
Working at MSE is exciting and fast moving. We are working hard to transform engineering and IT research and teaching, guided by MSE 2025, our ten-year strategic plan. With an expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future.
This newly created role offers you opportunity to support our executive team, specifically the Dean and School Executive Director to enable MSE to achieve its operational and strategic goals. You will provide high-level secretariat support to a number of key executive committees in the School and help drive implementation of the MSE 2025 strategy.
You will work alongside the School Executive on an array or special projects:
- providing high level project management expertise
- policy and process advice
- leading the execution and follow-through of key outcomes for the School.
You will also support the executive to translate ideas and opportunities to actionable plans and will use your well-developed relationship management expertise to influence outcomes across the school and broader university.
You will have an acute stakeholder mindset and thrive on building and maintaining relationships. You will have a solid understanding of best practice within both process improvement and project management.
You will bring with you:
- prior experience within a governance environment - where you have implemented and maintained governance policies and procedures
- prior experience delivering measurable outcomes within complex project environments
- outstanding writing skills
- excellent analytical, numeric, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- a "love" for PowerPoint - creating impactful presentations with ease!
- a highly organized and strong administrative mind-set
- ability to balance conflicting priorities;
- Solid computing skills - high proficiency in word; excel; and of course, PowerPoint!
- A relevant university degree and/or relevant industry certifications eg: PMBOK; Prince2
Ideally you will have worked within the education and or training space; government or large corporate - or possibly you could also have an assurance and compliance background combined with remediation projects
What we offer you
We offer flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development and we'll support you in doing what you love.
If you're curious, motivated and ready to undertake a challenging and rewarding role we're ready to meet you.
How to Apply
Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume. Please ensure that your Cover Letter includes a response to 3 of the 9 selection criteria as outlined in the attached Position Description.
While we review your application, get to know us by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse