About the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
The Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences provide over 20 courses and 300 subjects to approximately 3,500 equivalent full time students. The Faculty provides the only professional entry veterinary program in Victoria and the Bachelor of Agriculture is the fastest growing undergraduate degree in Australia. The University of Melbourne's agriculture program is the largest in Victoria and ranked 36 in the world, whilst the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program was the first graduate veterinary professional entry program in Australia. The Faculty is ideally placed to contemplate changes that have far-reaching consequences on its teaching, engagement and research.
About the role
The Manager, Marketing, Communications and Recruitment is responsible for setting, overseeing and delivering on the Marketing Strategy to support the Faculty objectives. The position leads and develops the Marketing, Communications and Recruitment (MCR) team, and ensures high quality delivery of marketing support, advice and resources across the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences.
As part of the senior management team, reporting to the Faculty Executive Director, and working closely with the Manager, Strategy, Planning and Governance, the role will set and deliver on the Marketing, Communications and Recruitment objectives of the faculty to ensure the faculty is positioned to achieve its broader operational goals. This will be achieved with a focus on sustainability, risk and innovation and within the broader Governance frameworks in the University.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining key working relationships with staff both within the Faculty, broader University community and external stakeholders.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification with extensive relevant experience in a similar role; or, an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, plan and implement strategic and operational plans and to provide high-level advice to a range of clients and senior leaders.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the development of creative and strategic marketing and communications programs and extensive experience in developing high quality publications for marketing and communications purposes.
- Demonstrated experience in working with stakeholders to develop, align and drive operational plans and establish and implement procedures and initiatives to enable delivery of plans to achieve overarching strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and manage significant resources, taking accountability for actions.
- Strong leadership qualities and demonstrated ability to collaborate and influence multiple and diverse stakeholders at all levels to achieve organisational goals and targets.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead and motivate staff in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new situations, and quickly assimilate new concepts and information, and deliver positive, innovative solutions to strategic and operational issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the demonstrated ability to present information clearly in person and in writing, influence and negotiate, and to interact both discretely and effectively with staff at all levels.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria