Professor in Artificial Intelligence
- Full-time Continuing position
- Prominent Academic appointment
- Newly created role
- Female applications are encouraged
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria.
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology undertakes a wide range of research and teaching programs in the area of data science, computational intelligence, software engineering, cybersecurity and mobile and wireless networks. The Department also has a strong reputation in multidisciplinary applied research, particularly through close collaborations with industry partners such as OPTUS and CISCO, and the establishment of some joint academic appointments in areas that are relevant to the industry.
- Conduct innovative and high impact research and produce high quality publications resulting from that research.
- Obtain research funding from grants, contracts and consultancies, individually or as part of a team.
- Provide academic leadership to ensure the development and maintenance of a robust research culture in the discipline/professional field at La Trobe.
- Take a leading role in the professional field, nationally and internationally.
- Engage with industry and developing technologies and systems that have an impact on
- Design, coordinate, participate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high-quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Represent the discipline/program/department or school at external events.
- Obtain necessary research funding from contracts/grants/consultancies
- Distinguished record of nationally and internationally recognised research, with evidence of the highest quality and/or impact. Where relevant, evidence of citations and journal rankings should be given.
- Proven track record in designing, coordinating and teaching subjects and courses which provide a high quality and innovative learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Evidence of engaging with local, national and international academic and industry partners.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams and promote a collaborative and collegial environment.
- Strong record of external research funding through competitive grants, industry grants or consultancies.
- Strong record of engaging with industry and developing technologies and systems that have an impact on industry.
If you are looking to be part of a high performing culture that values it employees and encourages them to be innovative and excel in their discipline/research, we look forward to your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 4th August
Position Description and executive booklet: Executive booklet + PD - SHE College.pdf
Enquiries: Peter Andreopoulos P.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document with your vision statement taking the selection criteria into account(for the Professor of AI, PD outlined in the executive booklet attached), brief summary of what you will bring to the position, taking into account your experience and achievements, as well as your vision for this role and how you will implement this. (No more the 4 pages)