Fixed-term contract to end December 2020
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
You will support the activities of the Advancement Operations Team team with the generation of descriptive, diagnostic and predictive reports and insights to support the University's Advancement programs. You will focus on developing and utilising data amalgamation and enrichment techniques to perform deep dive analytics, and you will consult with and advise the team to help them achieve complex market segmentation outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gather high-level business requirements and collaborate with other team members as necessary to scope out requests for data;
- Generate insights and reports using CRM data and other data repositories, ensuring the reports and insights meet specifications and service expectations;
- Develop standard reports to meet the needs of recurring report requests;
- Develop analytical reports to show trends, patterns, correlations and outliers;
- Make data quality process recommendations to improve insights and reporting outputs;
- Audit critical data in the Advance CRM system and take remedial action as required to improve data quality and identify and fix recurring data problems;
- Create, maintain and/ or update knowledge documentation on information extraction, reporting and insight generation services and processes; and
- Provide functional expertise in the Advance CRM system and the BI reporting platform.
- Provide operational advice and support to the Advancement community.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. IT / Computer Science) with substantial experience or an equivalent combination of substantial relevant industry experience, education and training;
- Master practitioner level experience in data querying and manipulation, particularly with data pertaining to stakeholder engagement, using languages, such as SQL, T-SQL and PL/SQL;
- Practitioner level experience in business requirements analysis;
- Demonstrable experience in using analytical skills to design outcomes that meet business objectives;
- Professional working knowledge and experience in business intelligence (BI) reporting (Microsoft BI, COGNOS, Oracle BI etc), and data visualisations using Power BI, Tableau or R;
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and to show initiative, taking ownership of delivery;
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet deadlines, to alternate between tasks, to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment and to handle pressure from a wide range of clients;
- Experience in user acceptance testing and data auditing;
- Effective written and oral communication skills; and
- Experience and willingness to work in a diverse team environment and be a team player.
Knowledge and understanding of MS SQL Server Integration Services and Analysis Services, data warehousing and data lake concepts will be highly regarded, as will demonstrable experience in predictive analytics.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements;
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment;
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme; and
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, a copy of your CV and your response to the key selection criteria. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria