Professor in Engineering (Electrical/Electronics/Communications)
- Full-time Continuing position
- Newly created role
- Design and lead curriculum development
- We encourage female applicants to apply
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria.
The Department of Engineering is committed to the development and exploration of new and innovative teaching and research programs which drives opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration across the School, College, and the University. The Engineering discipline was assessed 'above world standard' in the recent outcomes of 2018 ERA (Excellence in Research for Australia). In particular, the Department has a strong reputation in space and satellite research through close partnership with The German Aerospace Centre and the construction of a high-resolution camera that was launched at NASA's Kennedy Space Centre Florida in 2018 (https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/la-trobe-university-launched-into-outer-space). Engineering La Trobe is also a core partner in the recently successful $110M smart satellites (SmartSat) CRC that was launched in April 2019.
- Provide research and academic leadership in Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Provide leadership in the development and teaching of Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Design, develop and lead course-level curriculum
- Promote the University and discipline by participating in appropriate local, national and/or international organisations and events.
- Develop and maintain a robust research culture in the discipline
- Obtain necessary research funding from contracts/grants/consultancies
- A Strong record of external research funding through competitive grants, industry grants or consultancies.
Excellent interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build robust working relationships with academic and professional staff across the University
Have a significant influence on practice in the professional field nationally or internationally as a result of teaching, research, scholarship and innovation.
- Play a leading role in discipline-based mentoring and supporting the development of more junior research and teaching staff within the Department/School/University.
If you are looking to be part of a high performing culture that values its employees and encourages them to be innovative and excel in their discipline/research, we look forward to your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 1st August 2019
Position Descriptions below: Executive booklet + PD - SHE College.pdf
Enquiries: Peter Andreopoulos, P.Andreopoulos@latrobe.edu.au
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document with your vision statement taking the selection criteria into account(for the Professor of Engineering PD outlined in the executive booklet attached), brief summary of what you will bring to the position, taking into account your experience and achievements, as well as your vision for this role and how you will implement this. (No more the 4 pages)