- Full-time, permanent opportunity based in RMIT city campus
- Build and further develop your projects coordination & project management skills with IEAA, Australias leading organisation for international education
- RMIT, platinum member of IEAA, voted Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019
- Opportunity to use your expertise to help implement to IEAAs new Professional Learning Framework and to provide seamless administration support
- Reports to the Communications Manager
- Remuneration at HEW 6 Level, with competitive salary + 17% superannuation
In this position, you will:
- Coordinate IEAA (International Education Association of Australia) professional learning framework (PLF) & provide assistance and executive support to IEAA secretariat
- Coordinate & reviews applications to verify member credentials, assess online learning tasks and working collaboratively with IEAA members and varieties of stakeholders to administer and keep the online learning content relevant & current
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in coordination of a variety of activities for IEAA such as reviewing individual applications, membership allocations and working with the Professional Development Committee on policy and procedures
- Ensure efficient and up-to-date reviews of online learning material and curate content in the Learning Management System, ensuring it is relevant and accurate
- Establish good working relationship with the Professional Development Coordinator on all matters relating to the associations events, webinars and face-to-face learning activities correlate to IEAA offerings
- Develop and implement effective reporting processes to measure the breadth of the program uptake and evaluation from members
- Facilitate the improvement, reporting and assessment of other IEAA projects and initiatives
- Provide high-level administrative aid to the Secretariat i.e. plan, organise and coordinate meetings which will require you to prepare agendas, minutes and papers and to have consistent follow-up on all matters that require attention
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree qualified in related discipline (Business Management, Business Administration, Public Relations, Communications) with commensurate working experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Proven experience in operating & navigating Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Moodle or other relevant LMS platform
- Capacity and capability to assess professional credentials and provide user feedback on online learning tasks
- Demonstrated effective organisational skills & time management skills to handle competing priorities inherent in this challenging position through working independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Competency and strong understanding and in-depth understanding of the international education sector and/or experience in a professional learning environment will be highly regarded
- Ability to think creatively, analyse and identify ways to enhance administrative processes and procedures
- Passion and ability to build strong relationships and partnerships across all levels of professional, both internal and externally
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
RMIT has placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey.
The International Education Association of Australia (IEAA) is Australias leading organisation for international education. We strive to empower professionals, engage institutions and enhance Australias reputation as an ethical provider of world-class education. As part of its broader remit, IEAA aims to:
- Serve the professional needs and interests of individuals working in international education
- Encourage high quality, informed and ethical professional practice among members and institutions
- Promote international education and its benefits with governments, education organisations and within the community
- Promote Australian education, through and in the interest of members
- Advance Australias global reputation and position as a provider of high quality education. IEAA currently has an agreement with RMIT University for use of space, facilities and resources provided by the University within the Division of International and Development (I&D). IEAA operates from the City campus of the University. It is independent of the University in all other respects. See: www.ieaa.org.au
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please click on the position description attached below: PD - 579007 - IEAA Professional Learning & Projects Coordinator.pdf
Applications close on Friday 26th July 2019.
Applicants are requested to upload an updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities.