- Join a business school with a growing research reputation in Business & Management
- Provide research leadership by contributing to the Business School’s achievement of its research objectives
- Full-time, continuing appointment from January 2020 located in Sydney, Australia
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Faculty of Law & Business equips graduates with the skills to become leaders in their chosen profession and the community. The Faculty emphasise the ethical, social and environmental duties of the modern business leader and lawyer, and all our courses have a strong practical component through community engagement, pro bono work and internships. The Peter Faber Business School operates across four campuses (Brisbane, Melbourne, North Sydney and Strathfield). The School has a growing research reputation in the Business and Management arena and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
About the Role:
The Peter Faber Business School now invites applications for a position in Business and Management at the Associate Professor or Professor level with an anticipated start date in January 2020.
The position is a Research-focussed Academic role that will provide, engage in and encourage staff to pursue world leading research, individually and collectively, for the benefit of students, staff, government, non-governmental organisations, industry and communities, delivering practical solutions to their real-world problems
More specifically the role will entail:
- Providing exceptional research leadership of the appropriate Management discipline domain
- Producing world leading research outputs, evidenced by regular publications in ABDC A* and A rated journals and attract research grants and/or industry funding
- Attracting high quality Higher Degree Research (HDR) candidates and serve as HDR supervisor
- Leading on curriculum development and teaching of units in an appropriate Management discipline and engaging staff in innovative learning and teaching practices
Skills and Experience:
You will need to demonstrate:
- Completed PhD in an appropriate Management discipline and other relevant qualifications.
- Demonstrable evidence of track record of world leading research and an established programme of ongoing research endeavours leading to publications in high quality journals
- Successful completion of HDR supervision
- A sustained record of high-quality innovative teaching in Business and Management
- The ability to show commitment with integrity to the Catholic Identity, Mission and ethos of the University
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe and valued through development, participation and involvement.
ACU’s core values support inclusiveness, respect and the dignity of all persons in line with the University’s Mission. The University has received the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality Citation since 2012 and offers staff entitlements and initiatives that support women and men to reach their potential.