This exciting role sits within Deakin Research, Graduate Research Academy, who are developing future generations of thought leaders and innovators.
- Join a team that aspires to have the highest quality HDR program for all students wherever they are located, and the most supported researchers, across all career stages, in Australia
- HEW 9 $114,298 + 17% Superannuation
- Fulltime continuing role based at our Geelong, Waurn Ponds campus
As the Manager, International Research Training you be responsible for implementing high-quality research training partnerships, managing the monitoring and evaluation of research training partnerships and developing and delivering partnership performance reports to inform the decision making of senior leaders.
To thrive in the role you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the capability to work positively and effectively as part of a collaborative work team and relish interacting in a multi-cultural environment. Your demonstrated ability to organise and plan, and to meet conflicting demands and deadlines coupled with your high-level negotiation skills will set you up for success.
Your key responsibilities will include
- Oversee implementation and maintenance of research training partnerships including advising on the structure of research training programs, ensuring good governance of research training in partnerships, development of communication plans, recruitment strategies and promoting scholarship programs funded by international governments.
- Responsible for decisions regarding the implementation of policy and governance of research training partnerships.
- Work with research partners to align research training programs and support provided to students and staff.
- Lead ongoing performance monitoring and evaluation of progress and outcomes of research training partnerships and provide regular reporting to Faculties, Institutes, senior staff and relevant University committees.
- Oversee collaboration across the GRA and Faculties to ensure that processes related to research training partnerships support the achievement of the University's strategic agenda.
- Provide high-level advice to the PVC Researcher Development and Integrity, the VP Industry Engagement and Commercialisation and senior staff in the Faculties regarding the development, monitoring and performance of research training partnerships to inform strategic decision making.
- This role has staffing responsibilities and must, therefore, ensure staff and own adherence to University policies and procedures, including but not limited to those relating to equal opportunity, occupational health and safety, risk and financial management, privacy, staff development and staff performance planning and review.
To be successful, you'll have
- An equivalent combination of training and experience or Postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Experience with all aspects of higher degrees by research candidature management.
- Experience with international partnerships, ideally those involving research training.
- Experience managing complex processes and policy development within a higher degree by research framework.
- Experience working within the higher education sector with a strong understanding of the statutory and regulatory context in which universities operate and issues affecting the higher education sector relating to the governance of research training.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD Manager, International Research Training PD Manager International Research Training (4).docx
Please ensure to include a cover letter, resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria in your application.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Dr. Georgina Kelly (Director, Graduate Research Academy) on 92446194 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities - agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people's lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let's see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.