Level B: $102,967 - $122,268 p.a.
Level C: $126,128 - $145,431 p.a.
Appointment based on qualifications and experience
About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) At MSE, we are committed to excellence. We are transforming our engineering and IT teaching as well as research at the University of Melbourne, guided by MSE 2025, our ten-year strategic plan. With an expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future - the people and things that will drive innovation and productivity to make a sustainable impact on the world in which we live. It's an incredibly exciting time to be joining MSE!
About the Department Mechanical Engineering (ME) The Department of Mechanical Engineering is one of the largest in Australia. It provides teaching into subjects in the three-year undergraduate degrees of Science and Commerce, which can be followed by a two-year professional Master of Engineering. The Departmental philosophy is to attract and retain the highest quality staff available in order to maintain a vigorous research effort. Our strategic plan is to address the most urgent contemporary problems of our rapidly developing industrial society, with investigations into biomechanical engineering, fluid mechanics and thermal sciences.
The Opportunity We've already been joined by some of the best minds, and we're now seeking a talented Lecturer (Level B) or Senior Lecturer (Level C) with a strong research background in in one or more of the critical areas of industrial systems, materials, process, information systems and industrial operations management.
You will have a strong research track record and experience in the development of industry-relevant education programs. You will naturally contribute to interdisciplinary research within the University and establish or strengthen collaborations with outside organisations.
Having completed a PhD in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Materials Engineering, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Independent research experience relevant to the discipline;
- A successful record of attracting competitive research funding;
- A track record of quality research as evidenced by research publications in high-quality journals, conferences and technical reports;
- Demonstrated potential to achieve the highest levels of scholarship in engineering research;
- Capacity to teach effectively and develop high quality learning experiences and assessment tools across a broad range of subjects, including the capacity to develop and deliver seminars and lectures and other teaching activities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to engage with industry, government, research groups, diverse student cohort and a variety of other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, and build rapport with all levels of staff within a diverse work environment;
- A willingness and ability to supervise graduate research students and
- Exhibited commitment to the highest standards of scientific and ethical integrity.
What you'll be doing In this role you will develop internationally recognised research portfolios, as well as establish funding streams to support these portfolios. Furthermore, you will enhance interdisciplinary research within the University and with outside organisations and contribute to teaching and curriculum development within Engineering.
What we offer you Apart from competitive salaries, our benefits are aimed at recognising and rewarding the contributions you make. We offer complete flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - including generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development and we'll support you in doing what you love.
How to Apply Apply online with a cover letter outlining your motivation and reasons for applying with your resume.
We ask that you please address the selection criteria for this position on a separate document and keep your responses short and succinct.
About the University of Melbourne The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive and committed to respond to the major social, economic and environmental challenges of our time.
While we take a look at your application, get to know us more and find out what it's like working at MSE by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
The University of Melbourne and MSE are strongly committed to supporting diversity and flexibility in the workplace. Applications for part-time or other flexible working arrangements will be welcomed and will be fully considered subject to meeting the inherent requirements of the position.
***This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.