About Griffith University
At Griffith University we believe in , strive for and celebrate the remarkable. Griffith Sciences is one of the four academic groups of the University and has an international reputation for excellence in learning and teaching, research and professional practice. The Group hosts three schools - Engineering and Built Environment, Information and Communication Technology and Environment and Sciences along with five research institutes and three centres.
We have distinctive, world-class areas of expertise in environmental sustainability, water science, drug discovery and infectious diseases, climate change adaptation, artificial intelligence, physical sciences and emerging research areas such as micro- and nanotechnology and advanced manufacturing. We form strong partnerships with industry to undertake applied research that has the potential for commercialisation and positive impacts for the wider community.
The Sciences Group is seeking applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people* to contribute to and grow in this high-performing teaching and research environment. Applicants must be currently undertaking or willing to undertake a PhD at Griffith University or already hold a relevant doctoral qualification in a discipline related to one of our areas of study.
The appointee will be placed within a School / Institute / Research Centre inthe Sciences Group depending on their experience and field of study, and at a level based on their qualifications, skills and experience. The successful candidate will contribute to teaching, research and scholarship in their field and to the development of the profession.
This is a three-year fixed-term position, based at the either the Nathan or Gold Coast campus. While this position is advertised as full time, a fractional appointment with flexible working can be negotiated.
The First Peoples Sciences Group Fellowships are part of a program to redress the under-representation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Sciences at Griffith University is an equal opportunity measure under section 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
*Applicants must be Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. That is
- of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and
- identifies as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person; and
- is accepted as an Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander person by the Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander community in which they live.
The successful applicant will be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person* with an honour's degree or higher qualifications and experience closely related to one of our disciplines of study:
- Business Information Systems and IT Management
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Electrical and electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Multimedia Design and Interactive Entertainment
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Science, Medical Science and Medical Diagnostics
- Chemical Sciences
- Data Science
- Ecology and Biodiversity
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- Marine Biology
- Physics and Applied Mathematics
- Society and Environment
- Soil, Water and Energy
- Construction Management
- Urban and Environmental Planning
Associate Lecturer, Level A: $66,391 - $89,641 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $77,679 - $104,880 per annum. Lecturer, Level B: $94,361 - $112,057 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $110,403 - $1331,108 per annum.
How to apply
Please submit your application online and ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description. Please indicate the level of appointment you are applying for and address the selection criteria for this level.
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description. Further information
For further information about this role, please contact Professor Robert Sang, Dean (Academic), Sciences Group, at email@example.com
For application queries, please contact Ms Busra Sevimli, HR Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 7359 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 29 July 2019.
All applications must be submitted online.