The Psyche Foundation is a new initiative founded to support the prevention and treatment of mental illness. It is an initiative of the founders of Aeon, the highly successful and internationally respected digital magazine of ideas and culture.
The Foundation will provide small grant funding, initially in Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
We are seeking a Grants Officer with a higher degree in mental health, psychology or behavioural science (or demonstrated experience in administering funding in these areas at a strategic level) to work with the Foundation founders and our supportive team.
The role works from the Aeon magazine offices with a creative team of editorial, production, technical and business support staff. It is a two days/week position and may suit someone looking to supplement teaching work or their own research.
About the role
The Grants Officer will:
● work closely with the Foundation Directors and Grants Committee to establish a grants program, including determining its scope, priorities, criteria for funding and measures of success
● undertake comprehensive independent research to identify and recommend suitable projects for funding by the Foundation according to the determined criteria and priorities
● work closely with the General Manager to establish rigorous processes for the assessment, monitoring, recording and reporting of grant expenditure to ensure it is in line with grant criteria and the aims of the Foundation
● provide secretariat responsibilities to the Grants Committee including preparation of papers and minutes
● work with the General Manager and other staff to build a Psyche Foundation website to promote funded projects and the aims of the Foundation.
What we are looking for
● A higher degree in mental health, psychology or behavioural science or; demonstrated experience in administering funding in these areas at a strategic level
● Demonstrated experience within a research funding environment, either through administering or applying for grants, or distributing grant funding
● High level research and analysis capabilities
● High level organisation and administration skills
● An independent and focused person who will energetically design a new program from inception.