Research Assistant - Investigations of interactions between lipid nanoparticles and cells
- Full-time, fixed-term 1-year contract opportunities with the possibility of extension
- Opportunities to further develop your career through research and various experimental techniques and skills
- Work focus on investigating interactions of lipid nanoparticles with model cell membranes and eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
- Be part of research projects funded internally from the Molecular Assembly laboratory
- Report directly to Deputy Vice-Chancellor Research & Innovation
- Remuneration at Academic Level A, with competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As Research Fellow, you will be responsible to conduct research activities and will be accountable to the Universitys research strategy. You will work independently and collaboratively across RMIT Applied Chemistry and Environmental Science to produce high-quality research outputs. This position will provide you with an opportunity to work autonomously and provide you with a rewarding experience to further develop your skills in the areas of lipid nanoparticles and model membranes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct research/scholarly activities under limited supervision either independently or as a member of a team, including publishing and presenting research outputs at conferences and research forums and contributing to external research funding submissions.
- Supervision of higher degree by research candidates.
Conduct research according to the aim of the project:
Investigating interactions of lipid nanoparticles with model cell membranes and eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells
Conduct varied administrative duties as required in this position.
- Contribute 10% of your time to supervise and mentor undergraduate and postgraduate students as part of your coursework teaching activities.
Skills and Experience Required
- PhD-qualified in Science, Chemical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering and/or commensurate working experience in relevant areas/field
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to undertake independent and team-based professional activities within the team and with industry partners.
- Possess an excellent track record in gaining recognition through: publications and presentations at conferences, technical report writing, and research experience within the field.
- Strong organisational and time-management skills to meet the demand of workloads and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability in physical chemistry, soft matter or biotechnology with working knowledge and expertise in confocal microscopy, QCM, TIRF microscopy, small-angle scattering, lipid nanoparticles and model membranes, and drug delivery.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
- RMIT has placed 10th in the 2019 Randstad Employer Brand Research Awards, up five spots from 2018.
- We were named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency in 2019.
- We achieved Gold Employer status for LGBTIQ inclusion in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in 2018 and now in 2019.
- We were recognised as a top five employer in 2018 for workplace accessibility with the Australian Network on Disability.
- Exceeding our targets in our Reconciliation Action Plan for Bundyi Girri - an important step in our reconciliation journey. The School of Science came into existence on January 1, 2016 and comprises the previous schools of Applied Sciences; Mathematical and Geospatial Sciences; and Computer Science and Information Technology. The School encompasses the disciplines of Chemistry, Physics, Food Sciences and Molecular Bioscience, Mathematics and Geospatial Sciences, and Computer Science and IT. Details of the School can be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMITs academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please click on the position description attached below: PD - 576897 - Research Assistant - Investigation of lipid nanoparticlies and cells.pdf Applications close on Sunday 21st July 2019.**
Applicants are requested to upload an updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities.