Dean and Head of School, La Trobe Law School
- Key strategic and academic leadership role within the College
- Continue to build the School's already outstanding research and teaching
- Grow and enhance partnerships with the profession, industry, NGO's and government
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative, highly motivated, pursue new ideas and generate knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria.
La Trobe Law School forms part of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce, alongside the La Trobe Business School, the School of Education and the School of Humanities & Social Sciences.
La Trobe Law School offers students an innovative, high quality legal education with a strong commitment to social justice and interdisciplinary enquiry. It is proud of its global perspective, local and international staff, open-door policy and emphasis on practical experience. It has been a pioneer in clinical legal education in Australia.
The School currently provides education to more than 1900 students across the Bundoora, Bendigo and City campuses. It offers LLB, JD, LLM and PhD degrees and leads the University's Bachelors of Criminology as well as teaching into business programs and specialist degrees.
The School has a proud tradition of high-impact socio-legal research, with significant practical application. The school researchers are now tackling some of the most challenging issues of the 21st century, including the relationship between law and technology including the regulation of health technologies and the human body, and the relationship between the state and its citizens. The School received a rating of 4 - above world standard in the 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia research evaluation framework conducted by the Australian Research Council.
The Dean and Head of School is a key leadership role within the University. They provide support and advice to the College PVC and Vice-Chancellor on all matters relating to the School, and work closely with other Heads of School and University portfolio and division leaders. They are a key member of the College Executive and broader Senior Leadership Group. They also:
- Provide strategic leadership and objectives that are aligned to those of the College and the broader University
- Implement initiatives that will enhance the School's activities
- Actively promote the School to external bodies to enhance the reputation of the School and the University locally, nationally and internationally
- Are accountable for achieving high standards of quality and teaching and learning whilst implementing improvement programs and initiatives to ensure student retention and improving student feedback
- Build and grow research partnerships and productivity in collaboration with industry and government
- Drive sustained and significant research performance through demonstrated research productivity, mentoring and leadership
- An outstanding record of research and scholarship
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated capacity to build, inspire, motivate, lead and manage academic and administrative staff in a complex organisation in an inclusive fashion embedding La Trobe's cultural qualities across the School
- Proven ability to drive change whilst continuing to consolidate the School's existing priorities
- Proven entrepreneurial skills to build strong relationships with external stakeholders and relevant industry partners
If you are looking to be part of a high performing culture that values it employees and encourages them to be innovative and excel in their discipline/research, we look forward to your application.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 17th July
Position Enquiries: Recruitment Manager, Peter Andreopulos T: 03 9479 6305 E: email@example.com
Position Description: Law - Dean & HoS.docx
Please address K.S.C and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is a proud member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to increase the number of women in science (https://www.science.org.au/supporting-science/gender-equity).
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.