About the role
The Clean Air and Urban Landscapes Hub (CAUL Hub) is a consortium in the National Environmental Science Programme. This program, launched in late 2014, supports six research hubs undertaking environmental research of priority to the Department of the Environment and Energy. The mission of the CAUL Hub is to take a comprehensive view of the sustainability and liveability of urban environments.
Research expertise at the CAUL Hub covers air quality, urban ecology, urban planning, urban design, public health and green infrastructure, located at the consortium's four partner institutions (the University of Melbourne, RMIT University, the University of Wollongong and the University of Western Australia).
The Communications Officer leads and develops the CAUL Hub communications strategy and is responsible for communicating CAUL Hub research and outcomes to the Department of the Environment and Energy, other stakeholders, and the general public. The Communications Officer also coordinates internal communications (such as internal emails and mailing lists) and external communications (including the CAUL Hub newsletter Urban Beat, social media, and other communications products).
Find out more about the CAUL Hub at www.nespurban.edu.au.
You will have:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using Adobe software (including Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office software (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience with web editing, including basic familiarity with command-line interfaces and HTML.
- Experience with social media platforms, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience with generating media.
- Knowledge of or interest in science communication, preferably in the environmental and/or atmospheric sciences.
- Experience in developing communication strategies for science impact.
You may also have:
- Research experience in the environmental and/or atmospheric sciences.
- Knowledge of or interest in Indigenous Australian issues.
- Event management experience.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria