- Play a critical role in helping our digital experiences become even more compelling
- Fixed term position until the July 2020
- $83,924- $ 92,502 + up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The UX Designer (Senior User Experience Designer) role sits in the UX and Innovation team as part of Digital Marketing and Customer Engagement team within the Marketing Operations unit. You will play a critical role in building customer insights and amazing digital customer experiences and help craft and guide the experience we deliver to our audiences.
Reporting to the Digital Innovation Advisor, this position will largely be responsible for;
- liaising closely with teams from across Marketing & Recruitment and ICT web development team, working in an Agile environment, conducting ongoing experimentation and iteration of UX/UI design
- creating elegant and intuitive solutions and contributing to the review and enhancement of La Trobe's web, digital and mobile user interfaces
- taking a lead role in the creation of UX deliverables including wireframes, visual mock-ups, personas, scenarios, task flows, UX workshops, IA and interactive prototypes
- lead in-house website user research activities including user interviews, contextual enquiries, surveys, usability testing and have a good understanding of data analysis
- thinking mobile first, and understand just how different devices play a part in our digital experiences
- introducing relevant research methodologies and apply them on a practical level
- understanding and applying principles of user-centered and interactive design and critique and evolve wireframes and usability (UX) recommendations from a creative perspective
Who will this role suit?
- A broad thinker, you know industry trends and can implement best practice where possible, but you're also able to break out of the box and think differently and won't be afraid to challenge the status quo or to raise new ideas.
- If you have knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0; Have experience in wireframe/storyboards, user ﬂows, process ﬂows and site maps.
- Someone with a growth mindset, experimenting, iterating, shifting and always looking for better ways to achieve our goals. So, working with our innovations team you'll play a critical role in helping our digital experiences become even more compelling.
- If you're a smart and curious thinker who can't resist a challenge. You're collaborative, creative and optimistic. You appreciate (deeply) the beauty of design and are fascinated by how it can impact human behaviour.
Skills and Experience
- A degree or equivalent in a design/tech based discipline, 3+ years industry experience as a UX practitioner (including product design, UX design and research, Interaction design) in a digital/technical environment
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of user research techniques, user centred design practices, core design principles, interaction design principles, and user testing approaches and a passion for improving digital customer experience.
- Proficiency with interaction design tools, for example Adobe XD, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, Axure, OmniGraffel or other wireframing/UI design/prototyping tools.
- Established portfolio of user experience deliverables (eg. Conceptual maps, information architecture maps, customer journey maps, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, personas, user interface design, UI style guides).
- Experience with the application of usability testing techniques, accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.0), and an understanding of compliance with relevant state and federal legislation.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and monitor workflows within areas of responsibility with an ability to manage several different projects concurrently.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder negotiation skills, and a passion for user experience and user interface design
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 24th of June
Position Enquiries: Theodore Moule, Digital Innovation Advisor (Acting), Tel: +61 3 9479 1848 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Caitlin Hosking, Senior Recruitment Business Partner on 9479 1324
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Marketing and Recruitment Division plays a key role in the development of customer growth and stakeholder engagement strategies across all available markets and channels including domestic, regional, international markets and online.