- Shape world class employability experiences for some of the world's brightest emerging talent
- Connect with industry leaders across a range of sectors
- Join a team that is on a clear mission, during a period of transformation The Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) at the University of Melbourne is one of the leading providers of business and economics education and research. We enable individuals and organisations to be global leaders. This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed Experiential Learning and Student Experience team within the Faculty with a clear mission of building student communities, and equipping our diverse student cohort with the skills and experience they need to be successful as they leap into the future world of work. Students are at the heart of everything we do, and we are constantly looking for ways we can add value to their experience. Reporting to the Manager, Experiential Learning and Student Experience, the Partnerships Manager will both broaden and deepen industry partnerships for FBE with a view of providing students with a strong connection to the world of work and improved employability outcomes. This will be done by developing the value proposition and strategy for Industry engagement across employability and by leading a team that will seek and establish new relationships with a diverse range of partners and facilitate one-of-a-kind partnerships. The Partnerships Manager plays a crucial part in delivering on the Faculty's business objective of strengthening relationships with the wider community to create opportunities and enrich the student experience. What you can bring
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent combination of extensive relevant experience and/or education.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of new business partnerships and external relationship management strategies.
- Well-rounded leadership skills with the ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders to influence internal and external stakeholders and strategic outcome.
- A strong domestic business network and the ability to construct and articulate key sector and competitive insights to build business intelligence.
- Ability to identify beneficial commercial opportunities across a broad, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a small team with a focus on high performance and quality end results.
- Ability to use initiative and responsiveness in planning and developing new ideas and approaches to ensure organisational objectives are achieved.
- High level problem solving skills with the ability to exercise significant judgement and initiative.
- Growth mindset with a demonstrated ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with considerable independence. Bonus points if you have:
- International business development experience.
- Knowledge of the key drivers of the University sector. How to apply Please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Parkville Missouri United States