- Shape world class employability experiences for some of the world's brightest emerging talent
- Connect with industry leaders across a range of sectors
- Join a team that is on a clear mission, during a period of transformation The Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) at the University of Melbourne is one of the leading providers of business and economics education and research. We enable individuals and organisations to be global leaders.
This is an exciting 2 year fixed term opportunity to join the newly formed Experiential Learning and Student Experience team within the Faculty with a clear mission of building student communities, and equipping our diverse student cohort with the skills and experience they need to be successful as they leap into the future world of work. Students are at the heart of everything we do, and we are constantly looking for ways we can add value to their experience.
Reporting to the Partnerships Manager, the Partnerships Specialist will both broaden and deepen industry partnerships for FBE, with a view of providing students with a strong connection to the world of work and improved employability outcomes.
This will be done by contributing to the value proposition and strategy for Industry engagement across employability and by seeking and nurturing relationships with a diverse range of partners to encourage them to participate in the broader Student Experience and Experiential Learning team programs. The partnerships team plays a crucial role in delivering on the Faculty's business objective of strengthening relationships with the wider community to create opportunities and enrich the student experience.
What you can bring
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience, or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge, or the equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple functions and meet competing deadlines; to work proactively, plan and respond to unexpected situations.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide advice and support to a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team and to take initiative to lead projects when appropriate as well as proven ability to work autonomously with independence when required.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of new business partnerships and external relationship management strategies.
- High level ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders and adapt to different people and changing circumstances.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of new business partnerships.
- High level problem solving skills with the ability to exercise significant judgement and initiative.
- High level of technical competence in the Microsoft Office suite.
Bonus points if you have
- International business development experience.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria