The Faculty of Business and Economics (FBE) at the University of Melbourne is one of the leading providers of business and economics education and research. We enable individuals and organisations to be global leaders.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the newly formed Experiential Learning and Student Experience team within the Faculty with a clear mission of building student communities, and equipping our diverse student cohort with the skills and experience they need to be successful as they leap into the future world of work. Students are at the heart of everything we do, and we are constantly looking for ways we can add value to their experience.
Reporting to the Experiential Learning Manager, the Experiential Learning Coordinator will contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of hands-on learning initiatives across FBE's student cohort with a focus on both for-credit and not-for credit initiatives including Work Integrated Learning subjects, Case Competitions and Internship subjects. This role will be responsible for the administration and implementation of both new and existing experiential learning programs.
What you can bring
- A degree with subsequent relevant experience, or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge, or the equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- High level organisational skills, including the ability to coordinate multiple functions and meet competing deadlines; to work proactively, plan and respond to unexpected situations.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills including the ability to provide advice and support to a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team and to take initiative to lead projects when appropriate, as well as the proven ability to work autonomously with independence when required.
- Project management experience inclusive of supplier negotiation, budget management, collaborating with project teams, and reporting and analysis.
- Experience in planning and implementing creative programs and solutions that incorporate digital technologies.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to deliver creative solutions.
- High level of technical competence in MS Office suite and project management tools.
Bonus Points if you have
- Experience running Work Integrated Learning Programs or Experiential Learning activities including case and pitch competitions or internship subjects.
- Experience or qualifications in project management methodologies.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description. For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to: https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria