Associate Professor of Management
- Full time ongoing position
- Based in Launceston
- Seeking expertise in regionally-relevant topics such as work and employment, social enterprise, or entrepreneurship and innovation
The College of Business and Economics is a provider of world-class teaching and research, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs in our Hobart, Launceston, Cradle Coast, and Sydney campuses, as well as undergraduate teaching programs in China and Hong Kong. The College of Business and Economics is a dynamic and growing business school that is invested in the University’s place-based vision.
Reporting to the Head of School (Management and Marketing) you will contribute to both undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, to high quality curriculum design, to the development of research collaborations and research teams, and to the overall leadership capacity of the College. You will have expertise in regionally-relevant topics such as work and employment, social enterprise, or entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Make a substantial and sustained contribution to the University in achieving its strategic objectives;
- Undertake high-quality research of international standing, secure external competitive and other funding, publish research findings and successfully supervise research higher degree students to completion;
- Undertake scholarly undergraduate and/or postgraduate coursework teaching of an exemplary quality and provide leadership in key areas of learning and teaching in the discipline;
- Provide academic leadership, particularly in building teams and fostering outstanding research and/or learning and teaching, and increasingly in supporting the career development of more junior staff;
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of productive and effective links inside the University and locally, nationally and internationally.
- To be successful in the role, your application will need to demonstrate;
- A PhD in a relevant field;
- A substantial record in, and continuing commitment to, research that is regionally relevant, yet globally applicable, and has made sustained contributions to the field of organisation studies;
- A growing record of successful research higher degree student supervision and completions;
- Extensive experience and demonstrated achievement in University-level teaching and learning;
- Ability to provide leadership to the College of Business and Economics as evidenced in examples of building teams, creating effective working relationships, and fostering excellence in teaching and research.
Appointment to this role will be at Academic Level D and will have a total remuneration package of up to $178,164 comprising base salary within the range of $136,010 to $152,277 plus 17% superannuation.
Applications close Thursday, 20 June 2019, 11.55pm