CSIRO EARLY RESEARCH CAREER (CERC) POSTDOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS
Are you a highly motivated recent (or near) PhD graduate looking to kick-start your career?
Receive mentoring by senior scientists within a personal development program framework
Join CSIRO in one of these exciting postdoctoral fellowship roles
CSIRO Early Research Career (CERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships provide opportunities to scientists and engineers who have completed their doctorate and have less than three years relevant postdoctoral work experience. These fellowships aim to develop the next generation of future leaders of the innovation system through:
• A differentiated career development program to deliver capability excellence and breadth across all facets of the national innovation system.
• Research training via strategic research and development projects with a clear focus that will deliver real impact through science and engineering excellence;
• An innovative culture supporting the development and demonstration of original thinking and expertise leading to peer-recognition; and
• Opportunities to develop skills and experience in collaborative research teams to effectively work within national and global multi/transdisciplinary and multi-stakeholder environments.
CERC Postdoctoral Fellows are appointed for up to three years or part time equivalent.
CSIRO is currently offering postdoctoral positions across a broad range of disciplines, as follows:
Australian Capital Territory
- Metabolic Engineering - reference 61692
- Protein Engineering – reference 61497
- Spider Wasp Venoms – reference 61626
- Earth System Science – reference 61816
- Molecular Tools for Pathogen Control – reference 61555
- Multi-Level Evolutionary Robotics – reference 61505
- Cosmic Magnetism – reference 61557 (this position could also be taken up in Marsfield, New South Wales)
- Low Frequency Radio Astronomy – reference 61693
- Geochemistry and Spectral Imaging - The Red Sea and Mars – reference 61608
- Mosquito Genome Engineering – reference 61563
- Immunology and Infectious Diseases – reference 61593
- Carbon Fibre Structure – reference 61487
- Robotic Additive Manufacturing – reference 61480
- Machine Learning, Materials Science and Robotics – reference 61695
- Continuous Flow Photocatalysis in Space – reference 61734
- Preventing Medical Device Related Infections – reference 61636
- Organic/Polymer Chemistry – reference 61588
- Genome Engineering and Biocontrol – reference 61829 (part of this fellowship will also be carried out in South Australia)
New South Wales
- Text and Social Media Analysis for Mental Well-being – reference 61819
- Direct Air Capture – reference 61635
- Bioinformatics for Influenza Evolution – reference 61621
- Cosmic Magnetism – reference 61557 (this position could also be taken up in Kensington, Western Australia)
- Genome Engineering and Biocontrol – reference 61829 (part of this fellowship will also be carried out in Victoria)
- Non-Responsive Coeliac Disease – reference 61550
- Ecological Remote Sensing – reference 61650
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more here! CSIRO Balance
Please look at individual positions to find the closing date as the dates may vary for each position.