- Full-time, fixed term contracts, 3 years based at RMIT city campus
- Contribute to the teaching and supervision of project students and higher degree by research students within the Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- Opportunities to perform high- level research ideally through collaborations with industry focusing on numerical analysis and computational fluid dynamics
- Report directly to Associate Dean, Civil & Infrastructure Engineering
- Opportunities open to Academic Level B (dependent on experience)
- Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As an experience Lecturer in the Civil & Infrastructure Engineering, you will play a pivotal role in making impact through teaching and being subject matter expert as well as supervision of project students and higher degree by research students. You will be familiar and have experiences in performing high quality research preferably with collaborations with industry in one or more areas such as Structural and Building Engineering and Structural Fire Engineering; both focusing on numerical analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics. In addition, you are required to be involved in various academic activities of the School of Engineering and the College and with the passion to further pursue professional development program to meet the School of Engineering strategic goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work independently contributing to efficient delivery of lectures, tutorials, practical classes and demonstrations through forward-thinking, sustainable and engaging course material for students undertaking undergraduate and postgraduate coursework programs
- Involve in varied administrative duties based on the level of appointment related to the goals of courses and programs of the organisational unit
- Conduct research/scholarly activities under limited supervision both independently or as a member of a team, including publishing, research grants, collaborative projects and promotion of enrolments higher degree by research and postgraduate students
- Keeping up-to-date on trends and outcomes in international research that will benefit the knowledge and technical advancement of this position
- Participate and develop relationship with relevant departments of universities and other institutions and connect actively with industry, commerce and government
- Continuous self- development through active research and learning and learning contributions as well as participation in the on-going process improvement within this discipline and across the School of Engineering
Skills and Experience Required
- PhD qualified in Structural/Building/ Fire Engineering or relevant filed related to Civil & Infrastructure Engineering and commensurate working experiences
- Proven capability in teaching and industry experience as well as recognition in providing high quality research and contributing to external research funding submissions and research contracts with industry
- Excellent track record in conducting research, including publishing and presenting research outputs in high impact journals, conferences and research forums
- Possess the capability in preparing high quality teaching and learning resources as well as experience in supervising PhD research students
- Passionate to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation, and equip with high level of English language skills through technical report writing and verbal communications
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Engineering came into existence on January 1, 2016 and comprises the previous schools of Aerospace, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering; Civil, Environmental and Chemical Engineering; and Electrical and Computer Engineering. The School conducts teaching and research at both the City and Bundoora campuses, has 311 staff, 365 higher degree research students, 5121 coursework students and an annual budget of $130 million.
Details about the College may be found at www.rmit.edu.au/seh
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, For further information, please click on the link http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number: 576490. PD - 576490 - Lecturer - Civil & Infrastructure Engineering.pdf Applications close on Wednesday 12th June 2019. Applicants will need to attach their updated resume and a cover letter expressing their suitability for this position and their achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.