- Play a key role in continuous improvement of the University financial management activities
- Level 8, full-time appointment on a 12 month fixed term basis
- Salary range: $96,934 to $106,055 plus 9.5% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
Working closely with the Manager, Financial and Staff Resources the successful appointees will provide high quality financial analysis and advice and support all aspects of financial management, including the development of the budget and management reporting.
The team is committed to providing a quality outcome with a focus on continuous improvement.
About the opportunity
As the Senior Management Accountant, you will deliver the key elements of the University financial management process and provide advisory services on broad financial management processes and issues to the Service Delivery Centre Management Teams and University Executive. You will also be responsible for managing activities associated with the ongoing development of the University key financial reports and provide guidance and quality advice on all financial management activities.
We are seeking Senior Management Accountants to work within the University's professional service delivery centres to support the achievement of the University's objectives through the delivery of high quality, end-to-end, flexible and responsive financial services.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting or a related discipline
- Full professional member of a recognised Australian or International equivalent accounting body
- Substantial and extensive experience in financial management
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse groups of people
- Excellent planning and organisation skills and demonstrated ability to set priority and to meet deadlines
- Highly developed analytical skills with a proven record of planning, preparation and implementation of financial process documentation related to financial management procedures
- Proven record of successful interaction and providing specialist written and verbal advice to customers and senior management on financial management reporting
- Highly developed project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service
Note: A current National Police Clearance Certificate is required
Closing date: Wednesday, 29 May 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 502959.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).