The University of Western Australia has a long and distinguished history and an international reputation for excellence in teaching, learning and research. It is ranked within the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. UWA continues to perform strongly across all key higher education measures and remains committed to realising its ambition to be one of the world's top 50 universities by 2050.
The University invites applications for the tenurable position of Professor of General Practice. The Professor of General Practice is expected to provide a visionary perspective to the discipline, academic leadership in teaching, research and policy development, and be eligible and committed to practice as a general practitioner. The Professor of General Practice would be eligible for the position of Head of the Division of General Practice.
The successful applicant will:
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the Division of General Practice and the UWA Medical School, ensuring the development of a positive academic working environment, aligned to the priorities of both the University and Faculty;
- Develop and foster research in General Practice, the School and its associated clinical sites;
- Engage and mentor colleagues at all levels in research (and teaching) activity, resulting in an enthusiastic, collaborative and engaged culture;
- Develop appropriate new research groups. Expected outputs will include research performance and capability, broader research income, growing higher degree research students, demonstrated clinical and academic collaboration, and a multidisciplinary interaction.
- Promote internally and externally the work of the Division of General Practice, and continue to develop partnerships and relationships with relevant stakeholders across the University, its clinical partners, and elsewhere.
For further information applicants are encouraged to direct enquiries to:
Dr Brendan McQuillan, Head of School, School of Medicine, +61 8 6151 1052 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or Professor Wendy Erber, Executive Dean, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, +61 8 6457 2325 email email@example.com
Additional information is contained in the Candidate Brochure: Candidate Brochure - Professor of General Practice.pdf
Applications close on Thursday, 20 June 2019.
Please note: Shortlisted candidates will need to be available during the week commence 29 July 2019 to participate in selection activities.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).