At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia's global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 16,500 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs.
About The Australian Graduate School of Management (AGSM)
AGSM is the part of UNSW Business School that offers global top tier general management, executive and leadership development programs.
AGSM Experience is a customer-centric unit unique to UNSW Business School, focused on delivering a quality, efficient and effective learning environment for our customers and responsible for ensuring the best client, participant and student experience across a range of AGSM Award and non-Award courses.
About the role
- $104,618 - 117,875 plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 12 month fixed-term
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The AGSM Delivery Manager oversees a well-structured team within AGSM Executive Education, designed to fulfill program delivery and logistics requirements whilst focusing on more value adding processes and continuous improvement to lift service and experience capability across the entire AGSM Executive Education. They manage, coordinate, coach and mentor a team with experience in Program Delivery and Project Management to ensure outstanding participant and client experience.
This role reports into the Director of Executive Education and will lead a team of AGSM Delivery Coordinators,
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing the participant, client and faculty support functions within the AGSM Executive Education in line with the Business School and wider university strategic priorities.
- Compiling reports and recommendations for the purpose of providing high-level strategic advice to the Director Executive Education on aspects such as participant and client support and faculty engagement.
- Providing the Director, Executive Education with forecast reporting and What If analysis as and when required by the AGSM SLT.
- Leading a continuous business improvement process via a 'one AGSM' culture and ensure these aspects are implemented across the delivery of all programs for operational success.
- Demonstrating change leadership success by identifying, sponsoring, implementing and supporting within the context of UNSW Business and the wider UNSW environment.
- Manage resource allocations to ensure the successful delivery of all Executive Education programs, events and initiatives.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience.
- Previous work experience within an education or training environment involving student or client services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital technologies in the education environment.
- Significant experience in improving processes and procedures including change management processes.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective teams, relationships and cultivate a strong customer service philosophy and culture.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
02 9385 0962
Applications close: 11:30pm Monday 27th May 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.