- Full-time, permanent opportunity based in RMIT City campus
- Opportunities to deliver high level digital learning experiences incorporating evidence-based educational design principles though use of new media and digital technologies.
- Display your leadership skills through developing, conceptualising & executing strategies to increase the capability of teaching staff & increase student learning experience via quality digital learning experiences.
- Play a supportive role in implementing the College & RMIT's Learning and Teaching Plan through cutting-edge and innovative engagement and implementation strategies.
- Report directly to the Senior Manager, Learning Enhancement team.
- Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As an experienced Academic Developer, you will work collaboratively in the Learning Enhancement team to implement the College and RMIT's Learning and Teaching plan. In this position, you will have the opportunity to use your leadership skills to deliver contemporary, creative and high quality digital learning experiences. In addition, you are required to lead strategies to increase teaching staff capability via appropriate use of digital technologies, assist in enhancing digitally-enriched curriculum, develop feasible, seamless and high quality digital learning resources to enhance the student learning experience. To be considered for this position, you must display an excellent understanding of the role educational technology plays in enhancing student experience and the pedagogical affordances of discipline-specific digital tools for both in -class and online learning environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support & initiate strategic and operational direction through innovative pedagogies, fit-for-purpose learning technologies, and quality benchmarks as well as continuous improvements at pace and scale.
- Direct, design and execute cutting-edge, flexible and feasible transformation approaches.
- Contribute to and share expertise on curriculum design, pedagogy and current approaches specific but not limited to technology and integration in learning and teaching.
- Collaborate with academic staff and contribute to professional learning in technology, evaluation and benchmarking.
- Create, design and deliver innovative and imaginative pedagogical and blended/online learning educational models and frameworks with collaborations with teachers, curriculum and program teams.
- Steer the evaluation of projects and program learning designs to reinforce the promotion of evidence-based practices.
- Collaborate and engage with the team, University and College as well as projects to share information, knowledge transfer and problem-solving in order to improve student learning outcomes in programs and courses at all levels.
Skills and Experience Required
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline with commensurate professional working experience at similar level OR equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Proven experience and expertise in learning, teaching and assessment design, digital pedagogies, educational innovation and/or transformation projects.
- Experience in navigating and using wide range of technologies, including learning platforms and relevant software in designing, developing, implementing and evaluating innovation and transformation projects.
- Excellent track record in designing and executing strategic professional development programs at scale.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels enabling evidence-based outcomes and achieving strategic priorities.
- Ability to connect, inspire and achieves successful outcomes through high level of interpersonal skills and excellent communication in written, visual and digital formats.
- Demonstrated effective organisational skills to meet competing workflows and deadlines through working independently as well as in a team.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines. Details about the College may be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
For further information and to view the position description, please click on the position description attached below: PD - 576381 - Academic Developer.pdf
Applications close on Sunday, 2nd June 2019.
Applicants are requested to upload updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to submit portfolio of work that exemplifies Academic Developer work including leadership in the design, development and evaluation of L&T frameworks, processes, capacity building activities and resources, screenshots of interactive digital content and/or learning resources created in the LMS. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.