- Full-time, permanent opportunity based in RMIT City campus; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
- Opportunity to establish continuous, practical & impactful digital learning activities that integrate evidence-based educational design principles.
- Provide excellent student experiences through creating fun and engaging digital content.
- Be in a position that will lead new practices and trends in digital media design as well as proposing creative ideas
- Create meaningful digital media design to support the effective use of blended and online learning.
- Report directly to the Senior Manager, Learning Enhancement team
- Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
You will work in the Learning Enhancement team to assist in implementing RMIT's Learning and Teaching plan by developing sustainable, functional and high quality digital learning experiences, incorporating a strong pedagogical framework. As a Digital Learning Designer, you will design, build and curate digital content with the aim of transforming the student experience. To thrive in this position, you will need to have strong technical skills and in-depth understanding of the importance of technology in enhancing student experience and outcomes. You will be an expert in the pedagogical affordances of discipline-specific digital platforms for both direct and online learning environments. In addition, you will be tasked to create innovative digital design solutions that a fit-for-purpose in applied contemporary educational environments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create, develop and execute digital media designs.
- Support and assist in digital learning resource development which includes advice on project scoping, coordinate contributions from learning analytics, video, audio, communication design, programming and other specialists.
- Ensure that learning activities, products and services provided are homogenous with College and University strategic and compliance requirements.
- Build capacity in RMIT's teachers as part of the process of program/course enhancement.
- Work collaboratively in team initiatives and projects and cooperate with wider team members with the commitment to achieve team goals and objectives via open communication, knowledge sharing and brainstorming sessions.
Skills and Experience Required
- Degree or postgraduate qualification in relevant discipline with commensurate professional working experience at similar level
- Minimum 4 years experience as learning designer
- Sound understanding of learning design principles/theory, practices and technologies that relate to flexible and online learning and teaching
- Experience in designing and developing digital products at scale and pace
- Proven experience in facilitation, the ability to identify and solve problem creatively as well as excellent communication and negotiation skills with stakeholders
- Experience in operating digital media technologies and designing interactive learning experiences with strong pedagogical underpinnings.
- Commitment to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation as well as external stakeholders to educate, support and advice on content solutions while meeting competing deadlines.
- Ability to convey messages, connect and motivate through written, visual and digital formats.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
- MYKI pass discount
- Additional annual leave To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. The University Communications Group leads activity to strengthen the University's brand and reputation through media, strategic communications and digital media. University Communications is responsible for media management and training, internal communications, issues management, corporate publications, website maintenance and the production of digital assets.
For further information and to view the position description, please click on the position description attached below: PD - 576380 - Digital Learning Designer x 3.pdf
Applications close on Sunday, 2nd June 2019**
Applicants are requested to upload updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to submit examples of their learning design work (this can include frameworks, storyboards, process diagrams, capacity building activities and resources, screenshots of interactive digital content and/or learning resources created in the LMS) to be considered for this position.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community. RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.