*Remuneration is within the range $80,373 - 86,897 Additional 17% employer superannuation Rewarding career with a progressive organisation
The National Tertiary Education Union (Victorian Division) is seeking a highly motivated, member-focused individual to assist us in our communication and campaigns. This is a challenging and varied role involving social media, print, video and other campaign resources as well as supporting union pickets, rallies and publicity events. The successful applicant will be committed to building the trade union movement.
The NTEU covers nearly 10,000 members employed in universities, associated companies, research institutes, TAFE, student unions and adult and community education. The Union's membership includes Academic, General, Research and Professional staff.
This is an ongoing full-time position located in the NTEU Victorian Division office in South Melbourne. As part of a Division team working with workplace branches, the successful applicant will:
- be responsible for the production, design and layout of the union's various communications materials, including print, web, social media and video and other campaign resources;
- maintain member and non-member databases for recruitment, publication distribution and campaign purposes;
- participate in the coordination of organising and recruitment campaigns on the campuses;
- provide technical and practical support for pickets, rallies and publicity events;
- liaise with other unions and community organisations to support campaigns in areas of mutual interest.
The position will report to the Victorian Division Secretary.