- Convenient Central City Location in Melbourne, One of The World's Most Liveable Cities
- Full time, continuing position
- Competitive Salary + 17% Super, Flexible Working Arrangements Available
You will be expected to contribute to the research and teaching efforts of the School, in the area of Statistics and Analytics. This includes producing high quality research publications and submitting competitive grant applications, and supervising research students in postgraduate research programs.
As a Statistics and Analytics Lecturer, you will maintain and advance your scholarly research and professional capabilities relevant to this discipline. You will actively promote the School's programs especially in Statistics and Analytics, as well as participate in the development and implementation of the School's strategic plan. You will maintain and extend research links, participate in research teams and show innovation and flexibility in your teaching.
Skills & Experience Required
- Demonstrated ability to undertake independent research that contributes to existing School research areas
- Previous experience in preparing and delivering large statistics and analytics courses, at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- Demonstrated skills in using industry leading statistical computing packages such as R, SAS and Python
- Supervision of master's and PhD research students
- Use of innovative and stimulating approaches to deliver courses that engage students, including online and student-centered learning that successfully exploits new technologies
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 17.5%
- MYKI pass discount
For a confidential discussion, please contact Professor Asha Rao at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 3 9925 1843 or view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 573237.
Applications close on Thursday 6th June 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.