The feed couldn't be imported cleanly. The raw information is below.
* Full-time, 1-year contract
* Work focus on characterisation of diamond materials
* Be part of collaborative research project involving national and international partners
* Opportunities to travel some of the international partners in the US, Japan and Germany to further broaden experience and skills
* Research project linked to the Asian office of Aerospace Research and Development Grant
* State-of-art laboratory equipment at RMIT city campus
* Report directly to Professor Andrew Greentree
* Opportunities open to Academic Level A (dependent on experience)
* Competitive salary packaging + 17% superannuation
As an experienced scientist, you will work collaboratively across international networks working on diamond materials for laser threshold magnetometry and you will be require to undertake international travel from time-to-time to some of the research partners in the US, Japan and Germany. Coming into this position, you will be expected to demonstrate your expertise on the optical characterization of materials, ideally laser or diamond materials, or transferable skills that can be useful to perform these tasks. Additionally, you will responsible to prepare publications and project reports together with other team members.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Carry out optical characterisation of diamond materials to assess their suitability for laser threshold magnetometry applications
* Participate in site visits, teleconferences and written report with national and international partners
* Conduct, assist and provide high quality research in developing excellent research strategy according to the aims and objectives of University.
* Conduct research/scholarly activities under limited supervision both independently or as a member of a team, including publishing and presenting research outputs at conferences and research forums and contributing to external research funding submissions.
* Contribute 10% of your time to supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students
Skills and Experience Required
* PhD or commensurate experience in the areas of Science or Engineering
* Proven knowledge and experience in the optical characterisation of diamond and/or laser gain materials
* Possess an excellent record and recognition in providing high quality research.
* Strong verbal communication and written skills
* Demonstrate the ability to problem-solving on complex situations and the ability to conceptualise ideas to produce results
* Passion and ability to build strong relationships across all levels of professional staff within the organisation.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The School of Science comes into existence on January 1, 2016 and comprises the previous schools of Applied Sciences; Mathematical and Geospatial Sciences; and Computer Science and Information Technology. The School encompasses the disciplines of Chemistry, Physics, Food Sciences and Molecular Bioscience, Mathematics and Geospatial Sciences, and Computer Science and IT.
Details of the School can be found at: www.rmit.edu.au/seh
* Flexible working arrangements
* Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
* Access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
* 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 1.35%
* MYKI pass discount
* Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please contact Professor Andrew Greentree at 03 9925 3111 or email email@example.com . Alternatively, to view the position description, please click on the position description attached below:
PD - 576064 - Research Assistant - Laser Threshold Magnetometry.pdf
Applications close on Sunday2nd June 2019
Applicants are requested to upload updated resume and a cover letter of not more than two pages highlighting the suitability for this position and your achievements. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to be a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.