- Convenient Central City Location in Melbourne, One of The World's Most Liveable Cities
- 2-Year Fixed-Term Position, Potentially Extendable
- $94,671-$112,475 Salary + Superannuation, Flexible Working Arrangements Available
You will be expected to contribute to the teaching efforts of the School, in programs related to Software Engineering, particularly for Work Integrated Learning. This includes supervising software engineering projects with industry sponsors, developing teaching materials designed to reflect and impart industry practice in Software Engineering, and developing industry linkages to provide Software Engineering internship opportunities.
You will engage strongly with the software engineering industry, supervise software engineering projects and develop partnerships that provide internship opportunities. You will also help deliver courses within undergraduate and postgraduate programs that strengthen students' preparation for working in industry.
Skills & Experience Required
- Experience and expertise in Software Engineering from having worked in and/or with industry, and having performed and managed Software Engineering projects
- Knowledge and experience of current industry practices for Software Engineering and a proven ability to mentor and manage Software Engineering project teams
- A deep network of industry contacts and demonstrated ability to grow such networks, for the purposes of creating opportunities for students, is important to the role
- The ability to prepare and deliver courses focused at developing industry-focused skills and capabilities, at undergraduate and post-graduate levels, including online delivery
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field and/or masters/PhD will be strongly desirable.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways. The School of Science is one of RMIT's top-performing research schools, we deliver research that addresses the 'real life questions' essential to Australia's innovation agenda. We attract esteemed experts and researchers from around the world and has strong partnerships with industry and international collaborators.
RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits. We recognise the diverse needs of our staff, so regardless of your situation, the range of staff benefits on offer provides something for everyone.
- Additional annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access to RMIT staff gym
- 2% salary increase each year and annual leave loading of 17.5%
- MYKI pass discount
For a confidential discussion, please contact Lawrence Cavedon at email@example.com or on +61 3 9925 2325, or view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 563390.
Applications close on Tuesday 28th May 2019.
Applicants must separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.