- A unique and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced manager on a 2 year fixed term appointment
- Salary: Level 9 $112,133 - $118,721
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The EZONE UWA Student Hub will provide an unparalleled education experience for students at UWA.
This new innovative teaching, learning and engagement space is designed to bring together students, industry and researchers, with extensive informal collaboration and study areas and an industry engagement area which includes space for student start-ups. The project has been generously supported via our foundation industry partners BHP and Woodside and several prominent alumni and their families.
Based on the overarching principle of collaborative creativity, EZONE UWA will develop UWA's significant discipline expertise, and create spaces for innovative multidisciplinary education and research. It will enrich Western Australia's engineering, mathematical, physics and computer science capacity and boost our economy, stimulating new business and industries. The Student Hub will be driven by the community in which it is based; it will be adaptable; inclusive; dynamic; trans-disciplinary; transformative; flexible; collaborative and social.
Placemaking as a concept is necessary to the EZONE UWA Student Hub. The Student Hub Placemaker, in consultation with the Activation Working Group, would be responsible for developing and implementing the strategy to activate the space. This would include developing and implementing a calendar of events and engaging with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on the objectives of:
- Providing an unparalleled student experience
- Supporting new teaching models
- Fostering inter-disciplinary collaboration
- Being a vibrant space for industry, alumni, community and start-ups
- Being cost effective and sustainable
- Supporting culture change across the Faculty
- Maximising student learning as part of EZONE design, construction, commissioning and operations
As the appointee you will have a significant role in managing the Student Hub, and working with key influential stakeholders, within and external to UWA. You will provide key strategic planning and direction. You will have a role in establishing, developing and influencing significant budgets, policies, procedures and processes to ensure the objectives of the building are met. These activities will require extensive collaboration with internal UWA departments to deliver on the objectives outlined above of the building. Some of these internal areas include University IT; Campus Management; Development and Alumni Relations, Industry Engagement, Brand, Marketing and Recruitment and Student Experience.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Substantial and extensive management experience
- Experience in delivering events and/or placemaking/space activation is highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high-level consultation and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and allocate resources
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet, and email
- Demonstrated ability to determine long term planning and key strategic direction
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders, show initiative and manage a substantial area.
Full details of the positions responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Manager Student Hub Placemaker Activation
Closing date: 30 April 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button. In your application, please provide a resume and a brief cover letter, including a paragraph outlining what interests you in this position.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).