About the role
The Clinical School Officer provides a high level of administrative support to the Director of Medical Education, Clinical Sub Dean, Clinical Supervisors and the Clinical School Coordinator in the delivery of the University of Melbourne Doctor of Medicine (MD) at the St Vincent's Clinical School (SVCS). The Clinical School Officer is part of a small team who will share teaching and learning portfolios for delivery of the Doctor of Medicine (MD), at the SVCS. The team is required to work collaboratively to deliver a range of functions contributing to the effective delivery of student teaching and learning responsibilities within the SVCS. All team members perform important administrative duties and provide leadership and support within their team.
The appointee will have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience in administration and/or an equivalent combination of relevant training/experience in hospital or student administration.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a diverse range of people including, colleagues, senior staff and external stakeholders, in a professional manner showing integrity and diplomacy at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team and contribute positively to team operations.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated initiative for process improvement and problem solving.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Well-developed organisation and time management skills.
- High level of proficiency in the use of standard application software such as the Microsoft Office suit.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria