- Make a difference to the safety and wellbeing of staff and students at the university
- Full time (or multiple part-time), Fixed term role for 12 months based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $94,222 to $108,005 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Speak Up team located within La Trobe University's Student Wellbeing unit provides advice and support to both staff and students in relation to student behaviour which is intimidating, harassing, discrimatory, violent, concerning and unacceptable. It also acts as a triage and referral service for students who are experiencing bullying, violence, homelessness, struggles with mental health or other welfare related concerns.
In this role you will be responsible for the provision of triage, assessment and advice to staff and students regarding student behaviours of concern. In addition, this role will be responsible for the investigation and management of cases of student misconduct and the development and delivery of education and training to staff and students in relation to managing unacceptable behaviours. The incumbent will work with key stakeholders and external agencies to make recommendations to implement strategies, policies and procedures to address underlying issues of behavioural concern.
Skills & Experience
In order to be the successful candidate, you will have:
- Qualifications in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent experience, knowledge and/or training.
- Experience in and understanding of investigation processes, including conducting interviews, developing reports and providing recommendations to Senior Staff.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills including proven capacity in case recording, report writing and development of behavioral management plans.
- Experience in effectively managing and prioritising a caseload of students with significant behavioral issues and/or complex needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of policy, reporting and legislative requirements associated with the discipline.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 28th April 2019 @ 11.55pm
Position Enquiries: Elli Darwinkel, TEL: 03 9479 5508 Email: email@example.com.
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please scroll down to apply.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Caitlin Hosking on +61 3 9479 1324.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au