Deliver CSIRO Global services to develop an operating model for China
Influence managers and stakeholders to initiate innovative proposals
Contribute your technical expertise to support a range of activities within CSIRO Global
As a Project Advisor with CSIRO Global, you will be an integral part of a small team which is the primary point of contact within CSIRO for our international activity. In this role you will . Supporting CSIRO business units with global engagement and partnerships, in particular with Global strategy related to China, you will manage a range of internal engagement projects for Global across CSIRO.
More specifically you will
- Project manage the development of an operating model for CSIRO in China.
- Support a program of internal engagement across the organisation to deliver Global services relating to the development of the operating model for China.
- Prepare relevant reports and ensure documentation is maintained appropriately.
- Identify issues or risks that could affect the progression of CSIRO's China project, communicate to relevant parties and identify potential solutions.
- Liaise closely with internal stakeholders and project sponsors to determine their needs.
- Use technical expertise to contribute to a range of support activities/functions and projects.
- Work with, influence and direct various working groups across multi-disciplinary functions, to ensure successful delivery of the China project.
- Work to influence managers and stakeholders by recognising the need for change in initiating innovative solutions and proposals.
- Liaise with and influence related professions to develop practices which support the effective and efficient delivery of the China project.
Location: Preferred - Melbourne and Canberra (other locations may be considered)
Salary: AU $97k to AU $105k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month term
Reference No.: 60908
To be considered you will hold a relevant certificate or tertiary qualification, and/or have related work experience. You will also have:
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Experience and understanding of the Chinese operating environment.
- Previous experience in project management in a complex organisation.
- The ability to collaborate and consult to bring solutions and provide guidance to senior management and staff.
- The ability to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to manage a variety of stakeholders in high pressure situations.
- High degree of judgement, flexibility in thinking, diplomacy and sensitivity to interacting with people from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- The ability to assess and generate potential solutions to complex problems.
- An independent working style with the ability to deal with ambiguity and respectfully challenge others with contrary views.
The successful candidate will be an Australian citizen who holds, or has the ability to obtain, an Australian government security clearance, NV1. To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the 'Position Details' link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO's Commitment to Diversity
We're working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish. D&I Strategy
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Tuesday 23 April, 2019 (11:59pm AEST) We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.