- Ongoing and job share arrangement at part time, 0.5 FTE appointment available
- Opportunity exists for an experienced Librarian to advance their career or take on a new challenge
- Salary range: Level 9 $112,133 - $118,721 p.a. pro rata plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the role
Reporting to the Associate University Librarian (Library Engagement and Experience), you will play an integral role in the development and delivery of library services to staff and students.
Utilising your management experience in academic libraries, you will play significant role in the development and delivery of Library services to staff and students and manage a range of Library research and education services to the Faculty of Science. You will work within a supportive environment, where you will be given the opportunity to take your leadership experience to the next level. As a member of the Library Leadership Team, you will contribute to the development of planning to help the University Library as a whole to meet its strategic and operational objectives.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Library and Information Science qualifications or relevant equivalent qualifications and experience
- Extensive management experience in an academic library, including leadership of teams and ability to provide training, career progression and development
- Excellent negotiation, communication, consultation and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively influence and motivate staff in a service environment
- Ability to contribute to strategic planning and policy development
- Ability to apply knowledge of current trends, developments and standards in library services
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
You will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player, able to provide innovative solutions to research, teaching and learning. You will possess excellent knowledge of the operations of a University Library and be able to lead and deliver research and education activities such as conducting workshops, developing online learning material and assisting HDR students with literature reviews. You will also be able to confidently develop partnerships with academics in order to develop the Library's range of services.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing Date: Monday, 29 April 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 315174, 315175, 315176, 315177.pdf
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).