The position is responsible for the delivery of safe anaesthesia to inpatients across all services in U-Vet, working as part of a team within the broader U-Vet organisation. The incumbent is required to undertake and perform all tasks and duties associated with high standard delivery of anaesthesia to animals, including horses.
The incumbent is required to undertake and perform all tasks and duties in a timely and proficient manner, whilst upholding the optimal standard of veterinary nursing care; displaying professionalism, enthusiasm, initiative and integrity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Upholding and adhering to Hospital policies, procedures, standards and etiquette
- Providing high standards, and oversight, of patient care
- Operating and storing equipment in accordance with approved operating procedures
- Ensuring stocks and supplies are held at optimal levels
- Providing continuous improvement in the area of practice
- Conduct themselves in line with the hospital's behaviour charter
All veterinary nurses are required to oversee student-patient interactions, in conjunction with the veterinarians. An experienced veterinary nurse may teach the practical aspects of patient care to veterinary and veterinary nursing students and play a role in hands-on tuition. The incumbent will be required to provide excellent customer service, and represent U-Vet effectively in interactions with the internal and external community.
The position operates under the guidance and supervision of the senior nursing staff and the veterinarians, reporting to the Anaesthesia Coordinator, Veterinary Nurse.
The incumbent may be directed to assist in any U-Vet service or area, working within the scope of the level, to the specific requirement of that service.