- Exciting financial leadership role
- Salary range: $112,133 to $133,083 plus 9.5% superannuation
- Level 9/Level 10 Grade 1, full-time appointment on a 15 month fixed term basis
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing a high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory service including provision of corporate financial services
The University's professional service delivery model was created to deliver effective and efficient end to end services across the whole University. The model includes all core services of the University and creates functionally aligned services delivered through Service Delivery Centres.
About the opportunity
The Manager, Financial and Staff Resources will lead the Service Delivery Centre financial and staff resources team to ensure key strategic and operational decisions are made with appropriate consideration and understanding of financial and staffing impacts. As the appointee, you will act as a leader of change and transformation by driving business partnership and service delivery to supports the achievement of the University's strategy
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A degree or other tertiary qualification in accounting or related discipline.
- Full professional member of a recognized Australian or International equivalent accounting body.
- Excellent analytical skills with a proven record of actual and forecasting analysis and reporting in a complex multi-fund environment.
- A proven record of planning, preparation and implementation of financial process documentation.
- Substantial knowledge and experience in financial management, financial legislation and accounting best practice standards, budgeting and forecasting, reporting and performance analysis and monitoring and development of governance and internal control systems.
- A high level of understanding of University policies relating to financial management.
- A high level experience and skills in planning, organizing and providing successful customer focused financial management services in a large and complex environment.
- Broad experience in reviewing, developing and/or improving financial management systems, policies, procedures and practices.
- Excellent research, analytical and interpretative skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups within the University and externally.
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service.
You will be an inspirational finance leader who is passionate about achieiving outcomes for the business through developing a deep understanding of the activities of the organisation. Leading a team of financial professionals embedded in the business, you will deliver comprehensive finance and staff resource services to the Faculty. You will ensure key strategic and operational decisions are made with appropriate consideration and understanding of financial impacts: instilling a culture of continuous improvement in your team and driving business partnership and service delivery that links Finance to the delivery of business strategy.
About the campus
We work at one of Australia's most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Wednesday, 24 April 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 502948.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).