About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the Sustainability Manager, and with supervision from the Sustainability Engagement Coordinator, the Communications Officer will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Sustainability Engagement Plan and Communications Plan to address the targets set out in the University's Sustainability Plan 2017-2020.
The role will require a strong focus on written and visual communications, including drafting content for newsletters, campaigns and events. It will support the wider sustainability team to deliver promotional campaigns and collateral, manage online communications platforms, social media accounts, maintain and update the sustainable campus website, and provide support as required to implement multiple engagement activities. The role is crucial to support the sustainability team in delivering the targets of the sustainability plan, underpinning multiple engagement activities and will be varied in its tasks.
- Completed or be studying towards a relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training in marketing and communications with an interest in sustainability.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of creating content and copy for internal and external publications/audiences.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, self-motivate and mange time effectively, due to working within a busy environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to operate with a low level of supervision and a high level of initiative.
- Excellent creative and conceptual skills with a practical 'can do' approach.
- High level computer literacy, and experience of online communication tools/platforms such as mailchimp.
- Graphic design experience - including the use of online design packages and presentation-based software.
- Website/web page management.
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with a covering letter addressing your responses against the selection criteria found in the Duty Statement for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria