In Advancement, we aim to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. The Advancement Office is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Alumni and Stakeholder Relations, the Senior Advancement Communications Officer is responsible for implementing a communications program to support the Faculty's key strategic Advancement priorities and to engage its key stakeholders including alumni, donors, volunteers, supporters and the wider public audience.
In this role you will coordinate all of the MDHS Advancement Unit's internal and external communications requirements, ensuring that all activities compliment and feed in to the wider Faculty and University communications strategies.
You will be responsible for overseeing the MDHS Advancement Unit's printed and electronic publications, Alumni and Donor events' collateral, internal stakeholder communications, relevant advertising and social media communications as well as the development of written material to raise awareness and funding to support the teaching, training and research endeavours of the Faculty. You will also oversee the development and maintenance of MDHS Advancement webpages and will work closely with the Alumni Relations and Development teams to ensure consistent messages are being employed across all external facing communications.
The role requires exceptional communication skills, an ability to work with a complex network of stakeholders, a willingness to develop strong and cooperative relationships, and the ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Experience in developing print and digital publications and managing the production process
- Experience providing communications support for small to large scale engagement events
- Ability to manage staff successfully to maximise productivity and high-quality outputs and mange own performance to help a high overall team performance
- Proven ability to produce, design and write material for a range of marketing and promotional channels to diverse audiences
- Ability to adapt material for the web and have a sound understanding and experience in social media trends and platforms
- Sound ability to ensure all work assignments comply with relevant corporate policies, guidelines and professional industry standards.
- Ability to act with diplomacy and discretion and have a good understanding of confidentiality and privacy in relation to personal data.
- Ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure the completion of tasks with regards to meeting deadlines and organising priorities across a range of activities.
- Excellent skills in office computer applications - word processing, spreadsheets, databases, desktop publishing, PowerPoint, electronic diaries, email and web.
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions, and flexible work arrangements
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.