The School of Education is recognised as a leader in primary and secondary teacher education, early childhood educator preparation, educational leadership and adult vocational and applied learning education.
The appointee will be expected to teach, undertake research and publish in the area of applied secondary teaching. We are seeking to recruit an Academic with recent experience in teaching in Secondary Schools within Australia.
This is a 2 year fixed term part time role (0.8 FTE) based out of our Waurn Ponds campus in Geelong.
To be successful, you'll have:
- PhD in education or other relevant discipline
- teaching qualification to teach within Australia
- extensive experience teaching and working in a contemporary secondary school environment and/or the Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL)
- experience in research through publication or exhibition in outlets
- prior experience in teaching Under-graduate or/and Post-graduate programs including innovative curriculum design
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- contribute to School's teaching and research programs
- publish high quality research in reputed journals
- undertake professional and administrative roles and responsibilities that enhance the discipline
- contribute to the strategic goals in teaching, research and innovation
- develop relationships with research, community, industry and government for enhanced teaching and research outcomes
Deakin University is proud to be recognised as an organisation that offers a friendly, supportive and challenging working environment. Our staff are committed to making a genuine difference to people's lives through excellence in education and research.
We acknowledge the importance of providing a dynamic and diverse working environment and offer variety in day-to-day roles as well as professional development opportunities to assist staff to grow and progress their careers.
Deakin University staff have the opportunity to interact with colleagues from a diverse range of cultures and professional backgrounds, all of whom share a common interest in lifelong learning.
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Some of Deakin's workplace benefits include:
- 17% superannuation
- flexible work arrangements
- discounts with third party suppliers for health insurance, car rentals IT and more
The flexible learning options we provide our students and our diverse team of professionals and academic experts has enabled us to achieve a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds. For eight consecutive years, we've achieved the highest level of overall student satisfaction among Victorian universities.
We have a network of campuses, learning centres and research centres across Victoria and corporate offices in Melbourne, China, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. Our online Cloud campus provides more than 13,000 students with access to state-of-the-art digital tools and direct access to world-renowned academics.
As a Victorian university with a global impact, Deakin is translating its research into commercial outcomes that will help drive innovation for Australia's economy.
*At Deakin we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We recognise that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse with a variety of backgrounds, experiences and responsibilities. In many cases, academic careers can be put on hold through career breaks or part-time work arrangements to take on caring duties, gain experience in other industries, for medical reasons or other personal circumstances. *
Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
All applicants must submit the Key Selection Criteria along with a Cover Letter and Resume.
Job Closes on 30 April 2019
Position description: Lecturer in Education (Applied Secondary Teaching)_.pdf
For further information please contact Associate Professor Dianne Toe, Head of School (Acting) School of Education Telephone +61 3 5227 1455, artsed-head-eddeakin.edu.au