Office of Executive Director of Corporate Services
- New leadership role working at the highest levels to make a real difference at a Top 100 World University
- Level 10 Grade 2, full-time appointment on a three year fixed term basis
- Salary range: $134,627 to $139,888 plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
UWA is initiating an exciting program of work to support UWA 2030 and the 2025 Strategic Plan. This includes investing in further improving administrative and support services to meet the needs of the University's staff and students. Efficient and agile service delivery is vital to enabling the university strategic objectives.
Efficient and agile service delivery is vital to enabling the university strategic objectives. The University's new Business Transformation function is tasked with refining service provision with a focus on quality, simplification and automation improvements while centred on the end user needs.
About the opportunity
As the Senior Change Manager, you will establish and lead strategically a University change management methodology and work collaboratively with University senior leaders in delivering change adoption across multiple projects within the Transformation Program. You will also work in conjunction with the Associate Director, Services Optimisation to drive and influence a complex change management program, transforming how all services are designed and delivered. In addition, you will collaborate with functional leads to drive change adoption, mitigate risks and derive the stated business objectives and values.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or demonstrated equivalent competency
- Extensive leadership experience in strategic transformation and /or change management programs with a strong process and automation orientation in a large organisation
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with high level consultation and strong stakeholder influencing skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, in managing and executing multiple concurrent work streams of change, with an ability to set priorities and meet deadlines to ensure completion
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage, demonstrate initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex business processes and build practical change and communications plans based upon those needs
- Extensive demonstrated change management expertise including benefits realisation, change adoption, change impact assessments, business readiness, and change management strategies and plans
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and confidence of multiple stakeholders, collaborate, seek input, drive for agreement and obtain closure
About the campus
We work at one of Australia's most beautiful university campuses, with some of the most inspiring people on the planet. In addition to facilities such as gym, library, swimming pool and childcare, we have great public transport links and end of trip facilities so you can ride, run or walk to work.
Closing date: Tuesday, 23 April 2019
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the Position Description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 317797.pdf
Diversity and Inclusion
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).