- Reporting to The Conversation Indonesia’s Executive Editor, the Business Development and Partnership Manager will drive The Conversation Indonesia’s revenue generation and fundraising.
- With excellent communication skills in inspiring others to support The Conversation’s mission to unlock knowledge from the university and research sector for the general public, s/he will play a key role in developing and implementing The Conversation Indonesia’s membership development and partnership strategy.
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and creative self-starter with experience in marketing, business development or relevant roles. They should have high-level contacts in the higher education and research sector in Indonesia and have knowledge of the local and international philanthropic sector. Experience in the media industry will provide an advantage.
An appropriate salary will be negotiated.
The location of this role is in Jakarta.
You can learn more about the main responsibilities and job requirements in the job description.
To submit an application, send your cover letter and your CV to email@example.com, with the subject heading [Business Development] by 21st April 2019. Please provide contacts of two referees.
Job Opening: Business Development and Partnership Manager
Responsible To: The Conversation Indonesia Executive Editor and Board
Other Key Relationships:
The Conversation Indonesia’s staff; The Conversation Media Group’s CEO; The Conversation Media Group’s Director of Foundations; Head of Product and Head of Engineering; The Conversation’s Global General Managers Committee; the Indonesian higher education and research sector and other funders.
Development of business plan and business models, building and nurturing partnerships, secure funding and generate revenue.
Strategic Planning and Advice
- In conjunction with Executive Editor, supported by the Finance + Operations Manager, develop a business plan and business model that ensures revenue stream from existing sources and establish new sources of revenue flow to broaden income base.
- In conjunction with Executive Editor, supported by Audience Development Manager, develop a membership development strategy, a donor engagement strategy, and partnership strategy to support the work of The Conversation Indonesia in unlocking knowledge from the university and research institutions for the public.
- Research and build a body of knowledge regarding Indonesian higher education and research environment to inform expansion and growth strategy.
- Research and build a body of knowledge on philanthropic organisations, governments, corporates, and individuals whose vision align with The Conversation and can support the mission to unlocking knowledge for the general public.
- Drive the implementation of the approved development strategies.
- In conjunction with Executive Editor develop university membership packages, funding proposals and applications to donors and strategic partners.
- Identify and contact decision-makers of potential members, funders, and partners.
- Build, nurture, and maintain relationships with university members, strategic partners and philanthropic donors.
- Develop and implement retention mechanisms to ensure partners continue to see the benefit of active involvement in The Conversation Indonesia.
- Supported by the Audience Development Manager, implement effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting, including audience engagement and research impact metrics, to members, partners, and donors.
- Generate new leads, expand and diversify The Conversation Indonesia’s partners, sponsors and members in line with The Conversation’s charter and global fundraising guidelines.
- Collaborate with the editorial team and audience development manager, communicating regularly, to ensure business objectives are met in line with The Conversation Indonesia’s mission.
Experience in marketing, business development or relevant roles. Have industry knowledge and high-level contacts in the higher education and research sector in Indonesia. Have knowledge of the local and international philanthropic sector. Have knowledge of or experience in the media industry. A degree in marketing or business is preferred. Fluency in English is a must.
- Creative, have the ability to see opportunities
- Have negotiation and persuasion skills
- Team player
- Persistent and resilient
- Problem solver
- Passionate in unlocking knowledge
- An understanding of, and commitment to, The Conversation’s aim of contributing to the quality of public debate
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in Indonesian and English
- Project Management
Closing date: 21st April
Send your CV with your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line [Business Development]. Please provide contact details of two referees.