- Influence, mentor and foster a vibrant research culture
- Full-Time, fixed-term for 3 years with underlying continuing Professor/Associate Professor position *
- Academic level D/E plus 17% superannuation
- Start up grant including funding for research
- Based in the heart of Melbourne CBD
Why join us?
Ideal opportunity to move into a leadership role and make a significant impact within the Electrical and Biomedical Engineering discipline cluster. RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
RMIT University prizes diversity of thought and we are proudly an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines. The School of Engineering is the largest school in the University with a very high rate of staff retention. It comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace and Aviation; Chemical and Environmental; Civil and Infrastructure; Electrical and Biomedical; Electronic and Telecommunication; Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics; Mechanical and Automotive Engineering.
How you will impact our strategic mission
You will provide academic leadership and support for staff as you lead, influence, facilitate and mentor your team. Along with a leadership role, you will continue to build your own research working with industry partners and our cutting-edge facilities. https://www.rmit.edu.au/about/our-education/academic-schools/engineering/research/research-areas/electrical-and-biomedical-engineering
Your Skills & Experience
You have achieved impactful research outcomes, through relationships across the University and external global partners, in the Electrical and Biomedical Engineering fields. You have highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills, and a demonstrated understanding of University systems, budgets, quality standards and governance.
How we support you in your career with us
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional purchased annual leave
- Collegiate networking groups
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Access for RMIT staff to Health Safety and Wellbeing activities including exercise classes
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits Mandatory: Tertiary qualifications, including PhD, in Electrical and Biomedical or related engineering discipline with knowledge and achievements that meet RMlT's Professorial criteria.
For further information please contact Distinguished Professor Adrian Mouritz, Executive Dean, School of Engineering on 03 9925 6269 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 575249.
Please note that your substantive Associate Professor/Professor position will be assessed in line with your skills and experience. A position description for the substantive role will be available upon request.
Applications close 11:55pm on Sunday 5th May 2019.
* Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.