- Continuing full time position, campus negotiable
- Level B: $93,632 - $110,897 per annum + 17% superannuation
- Level C: $114,352 - $131,620 per annum + 17% superannuation
Only Indigenous Australians are eligible to apply as this position is exempt under the Special Measure Provision, Section 12(1) of the Equal Opportunity Act 2011 (Vic).
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The School of Education has a long and distinctive history of progressive and socially-engaged teaching and research in education. We work inter-culturally with and for all learners, educators and educational leaders. The School provides for the professional preparation of teachers and educators in early childhood, primary, secondary, community, vocational and higher education, and professionals in the area of outdoor environmental education.
The School's Education and Teaching subjects are ranked in the top 200 globally (QS Education Subject Rankings 2019). It has approximately 3,470 students (2,300 EFTSL), with 20% of these students enrolled in postgraduate programs. The School offers 39 programs across five locations in Victoria, in addition to teaching through key partners.
The position holder will be an identified Indigenous Australian who has a track record in teacher education and Indigenous education. They will work with academic colleagues to build culturally appropriate and relevant Indigenous content into Initial Teacher Education curriculum. They will demonstrate leadership and advise on Indigenous pedagogies and ensure Indigenous students are well supported and connected with community.
Importantly, the holder of this position will also collaborate in the development of an Indigenous pedagogy of cultural safety. They will assist the School to develop its capability in turning out teachers that engage with Indigenous and non-Indigenous students (including when dealing with material that has the potential to be challenging) in an environment that promotes cultural safety and understanding.
This position holder will be expected to teach and/or undertake research relevant to the development of their discipline.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of Indigenous pedagogies and ways of knowing to inform teacher education policy reform and the development of innovative teacher education programs at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Demonstrated capability to provide leadership and engage with community and school leaders to design and conduct relevant, culturally appropriate research that embraces Indigenous research methodologies, as well as leadership experience at course/program level
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Expertise in one of the following areas is desirable but not essential: Indigenous health and well-being, STEAM/STEM, Indigenous teacher/leadership education, Outdoor environmental education.
- High level experience and effectiveness in teaching, curriculum development and subject coordination in face-to-face, blended and/or online modes.
- LTU Cultural Qualities - Innovative, Accountable, Connected, Care as well as being focussed on continuous improvement and high-quality service delivery
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 28th April, 2019 (11:55pm)
Position Enquiries: Joe Mallamace - Senior Recruitment Business Partner. email@example.com or 03 9479 1128.
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for this position under current vacancies.