About University Services
University Services comprises 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Manager, Records Services is a senior role within the Information Governance and Engagement team. This role oversees development and implementation of the University-wide records management program including initiating projects, engaging clients and promoting adoption of electronic records best practice to support business improvement, internal efficiency and external compliance across the University.
This role requires the delivery of high-level expertise-based advice about complex recordkeeping projects, technological solutions and information governance risks. The incumbent will lead and develop a team of specialist records and information management staff to deliver expertise-based services across the University to promote and enable optimal records management practice in all University activities. The incumbent will also develop and nurture effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and Chancellery to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
You will have:
- A recognised postgraduate information management qualification or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, plan and deliver records management projects and solutions.
- High level of expert knowledge of the legislative, regulatory and standards environment relating to records and information management.
- Practical experience in identifying, evaluating and managing the adoption of appropriate tools, techniques and processes (including automation and compliance by design) to support a robust integration framework.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and manage quality relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed leadership skills and experience in managing teams of specialised staff providing services in a fast-paced and complex compliance environment.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria