About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
Reporting to the ServiceNow Technical Lead, the ServiceNow Technical Developer will be part of ServiceNow team.
The ServiceNow platform as implemented at the University of Melbourne is a strategic enterprise service management platform for gaining access to University services.
Under the broad direction of the ServiceNow Technical Lead and as a scrum team member, you will be responsible for estimating work effort, the design and development of ServiceNow applications, maintenance of the ServiceNow platform and provide support for all applications on ServiceNow platform, including bespoke extensions.
Salary: $90,023 - $97,448 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer with an appropriate tertiary qualification and/or equivalent mix of education/training and relevant experience. At least two years of relevant work experience completed post-qualification.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimating and executing assigned workload for ServiceNow development and support including triage, analysis, service restoration, request fulfilment, defect fixing and minor enhancements on ServiceNow platform and all applications as per documented service level agreements.
- Assisting ServiceNow upgrades, releases, patches & hot fixes across ServiceNow production and non-production environments according to the implemented SDLC best practice framework ensuring environments are controlled and auditable throughout the development and testing cycles.
- Providing platform and application monitoring, preventative maintenance as well as continuous improvement to meet high levels of client satisfaction KPIs.
- Responsible for developing and enhancing University ServiceNow Service Portal/s capabilities.
Technical selection criteria
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of ServiceNow platform as well as experience delivering large-scale ServiceNow implementations.
- Proven developer experience in large organisations
- Experience in enterprise application software development including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation and support - a thorough understanding of the SDLC.
- Strong knowledge of system design and development used within Service Oriented architecture and web services integration such as XML, API Technologies (REST/SPML/SOAP), HTML.
- Knowledge of information systems support practices and ITIL across a wide range of enterprise information systems and related technologies.
- Experience in Agile & DEVOPS software development management, Continuous Integration and Quality Assurance practices.
- Excellent problem analysis, root cause diagnosis, and solving skills, with the ability to analyse production incidents and lead and work effectively as part of a team of experts to resolve multi-functional problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organisation, adapt to change, and high degrees of initiative to meet service expectations, and handle multiple assignments to meet competing deadlines.
- Strong evidence of customer focus and relationship management is essential for this role as the incumbent is representing Infrastructure Services to the wider University and be organised, detail oriented and accurate, and be adept at working independently and as a team player.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
For full position information go to: http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/caw/en/listing and search by the job title or job number.