Job No: CURTIN635
Location: Bentley, Perth
Continuing, full time
$99,530 - $118,115 (ALB) plus 17% Superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
School of Marketing
The School of Marketing offers a comprehensive range of industry-relevant courses. In line with global trends, we integrate the teaching areas of advertising, marketing and public relations, as well as tourism and hospitality. We are one of the few marketing schools to offer majors in advertising and public relations as part of a firmly business-focused degree.
The school’s research is responsible for not only examining changes in marketing practices, but also for propelling them forward. Our research was ranked at world-class level in both marketing and tourism by the Australian Government in the 2015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment.
Your new role
We are seeking a Public Relations Lecturer, Teaching Focussed, to join the School of Marketing on a continuing basis.
As a Lecturer, you will work as part of a team providing innovation and excellence in teaching within the public relations discipline. You will be responsible for coordinating and delivering undergraduate and postgraduate level units.
Please visit the Curtin Online Job Portal to view the Academic Role Statement.
You will bring to the role
- A doctoral qualification in Public Relations or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated high teaching skills and a reflective approach to teaching delivery
- A strong understanding of pedagogical theory and contemporary educational practice relevant to the discipline
- An emerging record of contribution to scholarship in teaching
- Demonstrated experience and the capacity to undertake unit coordination
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and organisational skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment, and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross cultural sensitivity
What we offer you
- Continuing role in an exciting and collaborative team
- 17% superannuation
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit Curtin University's Website
What we need from you
A cover letter, a CV and you are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria which can be found in the Academic Role Statement.
Applications close: 9pm (AWST) on Sunday, 28th April 2019.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Kelly Nowak - School Business Manager
Phone: 08 9266 2507
Please only apply via the Curtin Online Job Portal. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contact.