About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Enterprise Service Management Senior Consultant is charged with expanding the existing use of ServiceNow as well as driving innovative use of the ServiceNow platform across the Melbourne Operating Model. The focus is on the 'best experience tomorrow' for staff and students. Digital transformation of the catalogue of services and support model of University Services drives demand for deeper and broader application of service management across the University. The Enterprise Service Management team will demand the novel application of ideas to deliver impact that is valued by the University's budget divisions.
You will have graduate qualifications in a relevant discipline and or equivalent mix of education and relevant experience as well as service management experience in one or more of the core service domains of Financial Services, Human Capital Management, Information Technology, Facilities Management and Legal & Risk.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate the Enterprise Service Management service needs of varied University budget divisions and service provider groups into requirements for the ServiceNow technical team to implement.
- Sound understanding of the core capabilities and applications of the ServiceNow platform, design philosophy and design intent of the applications and application suites.
- The ability to actively contribute to Enterprise Service Management innovation initiatives through the change lifecycle and capacity to help overcome organisational resistance to change.
- Evidence of critical thinking, influencing skills and negotiation skills to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- The demonstrated ability to define business requirements, including outlining a problem and identifying opportunities for business improvement.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment.
The Enterprise Service Management team is actively seeking individuals that have additional skills in CX, UX or service design, Data analytics or data science and the ability to visualise data, prior experience working at a strategic level in a large complex organisation and experience in developing and delivering training information to groups of stakeholders.
Whilst expertise in the ServiceNow is not a requirement, the demonstrated capacity to understand how ServiceNow or similar systems function and the opportunities these platforms present for delivering value is important.
Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria