- Professor/Associate Professor, dependent upon experience
- Lead excellence in teaching and foster a vibrant research culture
- Full-Time, continuing position, $139,644 - $179,880 p.a. + 17% Superannuation
- Convenient CBD Location
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. The School of Engineering comprises a diverse range of disciplines: Aerospace Engineering and Aviation; Chemical and Environmental Engineering; Civil and Infrastructure Engineering; Electrical and Biomedical Engineering; Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering; Manufacturing, Materials and Mechatronics Engineering; Mechanical and Automotive Engineering. RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
- Senior academic and eminent researcher in the specialist field of Applied Mechanics or Automotive Engineering
- Contributing significantly to teaching and research outputs
- Building capability of staff
- Promoting strong academic performance
- Lead and foster excellence in teaching and research in the discipline within the University, the community, professional, commercial or industrial sectors
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the implementation of best practice teaching strategies within discipline and share innovative practices across the University
- Lead research, lead publication effort of research team/s
- Build strong relationships as you identify and attract external research funding to sustain research growth across the University
Skills & Experience Required
- Strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and effective membership of a management team
- Ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices
- Proven ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding
- Experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University
- A high level of interpersonal, engagement and negotiating skills to facilitate positive and collaborative outcomes with senior executives and external bodies
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. Our people value working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Free access to RMIT staff gym (including free Yoga and Pilates classes)
- Additional annual leave
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information please contact Reza Jazar on +61 3 9925 6080 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 564138.
Applications close on Tuesday 30th April 2019.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.